2001 Chevrolet Corvette brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chevrolet Corvette:

2001 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Feb 042015

Had 1/2 tank of gas, gauge suddenly dropped to zero, engine cut out. ABS traction control works when it wants to or doesn't.

- North Port, FL, USA

May 032012

Corvette 8-cyl

This vehicle often would not start. Then the next morning it would start fine. Occasionally it would shut off while driving - turning off all power. It happened once at 70 mph: The car lost all power, and only by the grace of god was I able to restart it and regain control. Eventually it would not start at all, and I finally had to have it towed to the dealership. It took two weeks for them to determine it was the ignition switch shutting off all power to the engine, and charged me $520 to replace it. They told me to remove the car key from my keyring and keep it separate because it was causing a problem with the switch. I would like to recover the money that this cost me since we can now see it is related to the pervasive ignition switch recall. I have asked them and they have refused.

- Lynnfield, MA, USA