2005 Chevrolet Corvette fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette:

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Sep 242016

Fuel tank is splitting filling cabin and garage with fumes.most noticeable after filling the tank full

- Park City, UT, USA

Aug 152015

Gas overflows when an attendent trys to fill tank further after nozzle clicks gas flow inside fender and out above rocker panel melts sound deadening

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Sep 022015

With approximately 38,000 miles on my 2005 Corvette, I began smelling gas fumes whenever I would fill the gas tank. The fumes would fill my garage and also leaked into my house. I took the car into the dealership. After about 7 weeks, they informed me that I needed to replace one of the gas tanks and the rear main seal, which cost $2,700. The night I picked my car up from the shop, I parked it in the garage. The next morning, my garage was once again filled with fumes, so I dropped the Corvette off at the dealership and let them know that the problem was not fixed. Another two weeks, the dealership called and said they couldn't find anything, so I picked up the car. I drove it for a week without any issue with gas fumes until I filled up the tank for the first time. That night, my garage and house were filled with gas fumes. I dropped the Corvette off at the dealer the next morning (two weeks ago) and I have not heard back from them yet. The gas fume issue is obviously a fairly common and serious problem with Corvettes, based on all of the complaints I have seen and my own experience. The vehicle is not safe to drive or park in a garage, and apparently the source of the issue is difficult to diagnose and repair. Based on the numerous occurrences of this issue based on complaints from Corvette owners, there should be a recall to fix this issue before people are injured or killed.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Sep 092015

Strong gasoline order/fumes in cabin of car. Smell seems to be coming from fuel tank area and not under hood.

- Altadena, CA, USA

Jun 082015

There is a fuel leak from the fuel tank on my 2005 C6 Corvette. You can smell it in the cabin of the vehicle when you're driving it. It's very dangerous to have it in confined areas like a garage near a water heater of any kind or just any type of ignition source. There is not a manufacturer recall yet but there should be one shortly. From all the Corvette owners blog pages this seems to be affecting 2005-2008 C6 Corvettes. Get your vehicle to the dealership immediately. It's not safe outside your garage either to others. The fuel tank needs to be drained for it to be completely safe. Do not attempt draining yourself.

- Grapevine, TX, USA