2005 Chevrolet Corvette seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chevrolet Corvette:

2005 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 152012

Corvette

The contact owns a 2005 Chevrolet Corvette. While driving at any speed, the air bag warning light illuminated and blinked on and off intermittently. The dealer and manufacturer were notified; however, the vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 47,000.

- Hunting Beach, CA, USA

Nov 242015

Corvette

Airbag warning light goes on, rendering airbag inoperative. Poor connectors below seat, a design flaw, lead to this. Recurs no matter how often you return to dealer. This is so common in 2005 Corvettes, and so potentially dangerous, that all 2005 Corvettes should be recalled to have this defect repaired...

- Chadds Ford, PA, USA

Sep 012015

Corvette

Air bag light on because of faulty connector disabling vehicle air bags. Not safe.

- Bolivar, OH, USA

May 012014

Corvette 8-cyl

Air bag light goes on -- dealer tries to fix (at considerable expense) and said fix lasts for maybe a month or two. I have given up spending for this temporary fix -- I use my 3 point seat belt every time and hope it is good enough.... this problem is well known in the Corvette community and to GM, and has been for a long time. GM simply refuses to come up with an appropriate fix for this and it is a dangerous situation.

- Chadds Ford, PA, USA

Apr 122015

Corvette 8-cyl

Air bag light goes on and off. Intermittently. Faulty connector under drivers seat. Chronic problem with C6 Corvettes.

- Saint Paul, MN, USA

Mar 122014

Corvette

About every day while driving my Corvette. The service active handling light will come. And my brakes will start jerking. Also the air bag light keeps coming on and going off the whole time I drive it. I have seen many other people having the same problems with there 05 Corvettes. Something needs done about this. GM needs to step up and recall for these problems before someone really gets hurt.. please help.

- Marianna, FL, USA

Feb 172015

Corvette

Red air bag light started coming on intermittently and has continued doing it for the past 6 years. The past 4 months or so it now stays on constantly.

- La Quinta, CA, USA

Nov 102014

Corvette 8-cyl

Air bag light goes on if I move the drivers seat forward past a certain point. Dealer replaced the wiring harness 2 years ago but the problem did not go away.

- Centreville, VA, USA

Nov 042008

Corvette

Several years ago airbag red light came on indicating airbags inoperative. G M mechanic fixed by refastening something under driver's seat. Recently red light for air bags being inoperative has been intermittently coming on again. I will have G M mechanic refix. However, this is a well known problem by a lot of Corvette owners.. another Corvette problem is the recent headlights turning off recall. Received recall notice several months ago, but there are no parts available for G M to be able to fix this. Both of the above are certainly life and safety issues that should receive better attention thank you

- Oakland, CA, USA

May 102005

Corvette

The contact owns 2005 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that while driving at 10 mph, the check air bag warning light illuminated. The failure occurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a private mechanic but it was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Saint Clement, CA, USA

Aug 172011

Corvette 8-cyl

My air bag indicator light comes "intermittently". this happens at legal operating speeds and normal conditions. It will even happen while standing still. GM recalled a number of Buick and gmcs that have a problem with the airbag warning light staying on (some 2008-2009 and all 2010-2013 Buick enclave and GMC acadia, some 2009 and all 2010-2013 Chevrolet traverse, and some 2008-2009 and all 2010 Saturn outlook to repair the wiring harness of seat mounted side air bags). The fix was to splice the harnesses and solder the wires together! could this be a fix for the Corvette too" should the Corvette have been involved in this recall"

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 152007

Corvette 8-cyl

Red air bag light started coming on intermittently and has continued doing it for the past 6 years. The past 6 months or so it now stays on constantly.

- Mansfield, TX, USA

Aug 152014

Corvette

Check air bag light is on again. It goes off and on randomly. When is this going to be corrected" my Corvette has been at the dealer numerous times for this issue. They just move the wires under the seat and the light goes out for awhile. At one point they said the pre-tensioner was defective and replaced it. I had an extended warranty at the time and paid my $200 deductible. A few months later the light was back and my dealer was shut down by GM. It went out because they moved the wires not because of a defective tensioner. Their tech 11 saw an open circuit, not a defective tensioner. They owe me $200. That's a laugh. I zip tied the connector's under the seat. That last for awhile and the light comes back. This problem is the exact problem that the Buick was recalled for. The same fix is required for the Corvette. A connector under the seat needs to be removed and the wires soldered together are we waiting for a death" it will happen sooner or later. The air bag will not deploy when the light is on. I have filed many complaint's with the NHTSA and so have many members of the C6 Corvette forum with no luck or response to let us know that you even read them. I continue to hope to get a chance to talk to you. Please call of email me.

May 132013

Corvette

I was driving on the highway service handling traction system light came on and car went to right and L ran in a ditch 11000 dollars in damage and not one air open.

- Poplar Bluff, MO, USA

Jul 092014

Corvette 8-cyl

What are you waiting for? the C6 (2005-2013) Corvette has a serious check air bag light problem. There were 215,000 produced and most all of them have the problem and the dealers will not do anything. Many owners drive every day with the check air bag light on 100% of the time meaning the system will not work when needed. I have complained about this many times and other owners on the Corvette forum have also. There are around 20,000 members and we feel we are being ignored by the NHTSA and General Motors. The Buick recall is for the exact same thing and the exact same thing is causing it. The wiring under the drivers seat. Are we waiting for a serious accident? please call me for more information.

Feb 032014

Corvette 8-cyl

My airbag warning light continues to stay on while driving.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 182014

Corvette 8-cyl

What are you waiting for? the C6 Corvette (2005-2013) has been reported hundreds of times for the check air bag light being randomly on and off. The problem is the same as the Buick that was recalled. Are we waiting for a death" I hope not. I am only one that has reported this many times in the last nine years. Check my previous complaints for a complete list of all the details even a letter from GM admitting they have known about the problem for years. Is it because only 215,000 C6 Corvettes were produced" if anyone reads this and wants to talk to me, email me at lesandvita@sbcglobal.net or call me at the number below.

May 142012

Corvette

The air bag light is lit solid when the car is on and will not shut off. This is a common problem with early model year C6 Corvettes (2005 - 2007) and GM has not issued a recall on it. There are many members on the Corvette forum website at www.corvetteforum.com/ who have the same exact issues. GM has issued many recalls in the past month regarding lit air bag lights on other cars. Why has the Corvette been excluded? it is a big safety issue if the air bag does not deploy in an accident. I went to crane Chevrolet in NJ with the aftermarket warranty that I bought with my car for $2200 and they refused to honor it. And the dealership wants $100 just to run a scan to see what the problem is. Then it can be anywhere from a few hundred to almost a thousand dollars to fix depending on what part of the air bag system it is.

- Elmwood Park, NJ, USA

May 012014

Corvette 8-cyl

Air bag indicator light on dash stays on, found connector under drivers seat works itself loose after repeated seat movement.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Sep 122013

Corvette 8-cyl

The airbag safety light continues to go off between 2000 and 2500 rpms. GM knows about the issue, but has not issued a safety recall. The fix is to reground a wire under the seat, but no diagram has been provided by GM detailing how to do this.

- Laurel, MS, USA