2006 Chevrolet Corvette wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chevrolet Corvette:

2006 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Mar 042006

Corvette 8-cyl

I was driving down the road and hit a small pot hole. The alloy rim of my new C6 Corvette split in half around the circumference causing partial loss of control in traffic. Speed was approximately 40 to 50 mph. It appears the wheel induction welding is flawed. I fear other wheels have the same flaw. At speed, this could be the cause of a fatal accident. I am a mechanical engineer and it appears flawed to me. I have the wheel in my position and I have pictures I can email.

- Murphy, TX, USA