2007 Chevrolet Corvette brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Aug 052016

Any time I driving over 30-40 the car activate the traction control system and the car acting strange like loose traction.need activate the different driving system to keep drive and is not normal.

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 092011

Car tracsion control keeps turning off and gives error message "service active handling"

- La Crescenta, CA, USA

Nov 122014

As I was driving on the highway my car started to swerve left then right, resulting a total wipeout. I was driving at safe speed and with control. The "service active handling' warning came up after I took control of the car on the side of the hightway.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Jul 162014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was driving my Corvette at approximately 40 mph. When coming out of a curve accelerated and the car pulled to the right. When applied brakes pressure it had no affect on steering and stopping the car. The car continued to go to the right in a circle until vehicle hit the guard rail. It appeared that it was in a limp mode the car had a mind of its own through acceleration the transmission and brake controls where in sync with each other and took over control of vehicle and wouldn't stop the car. I am fortunate that didn't occur on the highway with other vehicles around me, which could have created a catastrophic situation.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Oct 012014

When I start the car on the dash a warning appears "service active handling system" I read in the owners book I loose handling control and other problems the dealer is no help?

- Burlington, MA, USA

Apr 102014

Corvette 8-cyl

I was pulling out of a gas station, all of sudden my front breaks locked up. This scares me what if I am on the highway.

- Dayton, TX, USA

May 222014

Corvette 8-cyl

Active handling came on and car pulled to the right.

- Elgin, IL, USA

Oct 092013

Service active handling/traction control system warning came on while driving average speed (about 45mph) going straight on a flat road. Light went off after turning off vehicle. Came back on numerous times at different speeds, some while braking at a light, other times while accelerating. Took to shop and had recommended fix of clip on wire below steering wheel completed. Shop test drove car and could not duplicate issue. On way home, service light came back on. This time I noticed the brake lights also affected- lights on while driving and off when depressing pedal. Took back to shop where brake light switch under pedal replaced and BCM computer was flashed and reprogrammed (to avoid replacing). This seemed to fix the problem.for about 5 months. Service traction control again came on and became more frequent over 2 weeks and by the second week the brake lights stayed on at all times. Returned to shop and had to pay for new BCM computer. Have driven car twice since then without issue. For other issues also noted by other drivers- headlights have little cracks all through lenses which cannot be replaced, must buy new lights with entire housing which are very expensive and quite labor intensive to replace. Also hear little popping noises coming from top as noted by recall on file.

- Waddell, AZ, USA

Feb 122014

Corvette 8-cyl

There is a serious an deadly problem with the design of the Michelin tires specified for the 2007 (an other) Corvette Z06. The side wall of the tire completely collapses while executing a sharp turn either going forward or backing up. Detailed discussion with supplier discount tire and second hand communication with the Michelin leads me to believe that Michelin and discount tire are both aware of the problem. The absolute fact is the tires do collapse when making a sharp turn. If one makes a sharp turn with any speed or acceleration will cause the tire's sidewall to collapse. Danger danger danger!!! the home link system also does not work and I got the run around for years with no action taken.

- Beaumont , TX, USA

Nov 052013

Corvette 8-cyl

I've had several instances of the "service active handling warning" come on, about once a week for the last month on my car in the drivers information display in the dash. About six months ago I had the same problem and had the fix prescribed by GM, a clip on the connector for the steering position sensor, installed. That stopped the issue until recently. Yesterday on my way home from work the system kicked on and locked the front right wheel repeatedly. It jerked the car to the right, pulling me partway off the road and almost into a ravine.

- Portland, OR, USA

Mar 192013

Corvette 8-cyl

Usually after initial start and during low speed drive and occasionally on highway speed the service active handling message came on the dash. Sometimes I could stop, just shut the motor off and restart it and that would clear the message. After a few days it began warning more frequent and took longer for the message to correct itself. On 3/26/2013... I had the vehicle serviced, new tires and the warning message looked at by my local Chevrolet dealer and the following is what they reported and assumed the needed repair.: 3/27/2013 44876 checked dtcs found C0710 performed bulletin 06-02-35-002B and installed "clip" in steering wheel position sensor and cleared codes and test drove no further repair. Cost for repair was $107.63 (clip was $2.63) I have not had any issue since repair made but have heard others complain about this same issue. Steering to me would be a safety issue and a $3 clip cured the problem...

- Poquoson, VA, USA

Jul 012011

Corvette 8-cyl

Gas gauge is showing erratic levels and then shows empty when there is in fact fuel in the tank, erratically and then stops working after more than 1/2 tank of gas has been used, if level of gas tank is below 1/2, ...gas gauge shows no gas/empty, ... this causes driver to not know how much gas is left in tank and so causes a very, very dangerous situation when traveling on highway at highway speeds, when traveling on george bush tollway here in plano Texas usa, my car engine died completely causing me to drive to side with no power in heavy rush hour traffic. This is unacceptable and is a known issue with the fuel sending unit/ fuel sensors in the gas tanks of numerous Corvettes for years 2005-2007. The cost to replace this defective sensor due to it being in the gas tank is >$1500 at dealer. Unacceptable.

- Plano, TX, USA

Jun 282013

Corvette 8-cyl

Service active handling appeared on my dic. The lights for the ABS were also lit. There was no traction control on my vehicle.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Jun 142013

Corvette 8-cyl

A various times the message, "service active handling" appeared on the display. The active handling system was automatically turned off by the computer. I read about the issue on the Corvette forum and the Chevrolet service bulletin concerning the issue (bulletin # 06-02-35-002B). Since this is an extreme safety issue I wanted the repair done. Hendrick Chevrolet of cary, nc completed the repair. The service code had been set and the repair involved putting a little plastic comb at the electrical connection of the telescoping steering column. This was not a recall item, so I was charged. While it was $47.87 it was too much for a defective design on Chevrolet's most iconic automobile, the Corvette.

- Wake Forest, NC, USA

Apr 282011

Corvette 8-cyl

Investigation EA09-002 there was no accident. The "service active handling system" came on. Took car to richard hibbard Chevrolet (now out of business as a Chevrolet dealer) in claremont California. The dealer informed me that there was a problem with the rotation sensor (part no. 15231656, sensor 6.522) and said that the part had to be replaced. The sensor was replaced 05/11/2011 at a cost of $326.12. There has been no additional problems. However, the same problem was covered under warranty repair for earlier cars.

- Azusa, CA, USA

May 312012

Corvette 8-cyl

While pulling/turning into traffic on a busy street.. my car's traction control system malfunctioned, and I was unable to accelerate, thus almost causing an accident. Since the incident.. I have experienced this issue a number of times. It can be very dangerous, as I now have to consider my car unstable while turning.

- Providence, RI, USA

Feb 262010

Corvette 8-cyl

This problem started soon after I purchased the car used. I have replaced the brake switch and added four inches of wire to the wiring harness to the telescopic steering wheel. I recently replaced the brake pads and the service handling system soon comes on. There is no recalls on my car and have been to the dealer about the problem and they can't figure it out. I am reading this could be a serious problem and can cause an accident. I have been to the Corvette forum and tried numerous things to fix this. I am currently checking electrical grounds to see if that helps.

- Granite City, IL, USA

Aug 172011

Corvette 8-cyl

Driving along and car starts swerving and brakes seem to apply, then I notice service ABS, service traction control and service active handling is on. This has been happening frequently for several months and now getting worse. Have tightened all connections by internally tightening the poor loose connectors and rerouting the wires to the swps to give more length. Now lights are on and will not go out, shows no codes with a scan reader. This is an 07 and I do not see that as a recall even though it is the same problems as the 05 & 06.

- Alva, FL, USA

Sep 202008

Corvette 8-cyl

Service active handling system error appears on the dash and a bell sounds for no apparent reason. This has happened over 6 times in the 4 years that we have owned this 2007 Corvette starting in Sept 08. We have taken it in 6 times to be fixed. They say the computer shows code C0710 and they replaced the steering wheel position E7690 sensor five times. The last time this happened, the steering wheel jerked from side to side and scared the crap out of my wife. Fortunately she was driving at a low speed. They said they replaced the steering wheel position sensor connector retaining clip. Come to find out, there has been a GM service bulletin #060235002B out on this condition since Oct 19, 2007. We were never informed of this fact. We found out by going to the Corvette forum after this last incident. They also said the "fix" was not covered under my major guard GM protection plan, but they didn't charge me because I had brought it to them 6 times for the same problem. How magnanimous of them! this needs to be a recall to protect peoples lives. I just hope what they did fixes it, but I am doubtful! here is the link to the Corvette forum on this problem: updated 03/15/11 updated 1/5/12

- Wylie, TX, USA

Feb 222011

Corvette 8-cyl

2007 Corvette 41,000 miles. "service active handling systems" keeps coming on.. on the dic. When this happens the brake lights get stuck in the "on position" I have almost been rear ended twice because of this. I have had the swps and brake switch replaced twice. I have had the brake switch recalibrated and I have installed the orange comb GM used on the sw wiring harness. Still not fixed. Updated 03/03/11

- Flower Mound, TX, USA