3.4

2007 Chevrolet Corvette brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Feb 132014

Corvette 8-cyl

My Corvette is experiencing brake/ stability control/ traction control issues. The first time I apply the brakes after starting the car they pedal vibrates, the brakes feel ineffective, and the car disables anti-lock brakes, active handling, and traction control. The lights reset after shutting the vehicle off and starting it again, only for all these systems to disable upon the first stop.

- Collinsville, OK, USA

May 312012

Corvette 8-cyl

While pulling/turning into traffic on a busy street.. my car's traction control system malfunctioned, and I was unable to accelerate, thus almost causing an accident. Since the incident.. I have experienced this issue a number of times. It can be very dangerous, as I now have to consider my car unstable while turning.

- Providence, RI, USA

Jun 202011

Corvette 8-cyl

On sharp turns, front right brake pulses and temporarily loss of steering occurs. Service active handling message appears on dic. Very dangerous. *

- Roselle, IL, USA

Mar 172010

Corvette

2007 Chevy Corvette 40K miles getting sporadic "service active handling" warning on driver information center. No crash (yet). I'm merely reporting a safety concern that is apparently already under investigation.

- Taylor, TX, USA

Sep 092009

Corvette

This complaint is regarding a stock 2007 Chevrolet Corvette, upon starting the vehicle and slowly driving down a road the car lost control and went left barely missing a curb. The reason for this complaint is that the traction control system or stability seems as though its off and says in the computer that its turning on after the incident happened to me about 3 times this last one causing considerable damage to my underbody. Something needs to be checked in the computer of the car or any electrical components. This issue does not happen all the time, therefore there was alot of time inbetween each incident, I don't know if this is a defect but it is certainly not good if other people are having these problems as I am.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA