2007 Chevrolet Corvette drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chevrolet Corvette:

2007 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Sep 042008

My vehicle is a 2007 corvette ZO6 with approx 5000 miles. I noticed loud noises from the rear differential. I thought I had a flat or someone had tampered with my vehicle. There was no visible sign of the cause of the problem. The noise stopped after a short time. I called the dealer who indicated the rear differential fluid was the source of the problem and needed to be changed. I had that done but found that a friend of mine had the same problem (2006 ZO6) in which the fluid has been changed twice in less than 10000 miles. I believe this could be a major problem and could result in failure of the gearbox especially at high speed. Chevrolet has not satisfactorily addressed this potentially serious problem over 2 model years.

- Sparks, NV, USA