4.0

2010 Chevrolet Corvette seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette:

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Oct 132016

Corvette

Airbag light intermittently lights, when I havent adjusted the seats and not speeding. Seems to be a common occurence with Corvette owners. Saw it a few times before but it stopped before I took it into the dealers for service.

- King Of Prussia, PA, USA

Jul 232013

Corvette 8-cyl

From time to time the air bag light comes on and stays on. It will go off if I move the driver's seat back and forth a little. I have taken it to the dealer and they can find nothing wrong even after taking the driver's seat out and completely re-installing it. This continues to happen from time to time and my concern is that I have come to ignore the light and one of these days the light will be on for a reason and I will ignore it. I have been told that many other 2010 Corvette owners have the same complaint my suspicion is that the issue is in the wiring which may be getting pinched from time to time as the seat moves back and forth.

- Biloxi, MS, USA

Jan 222015

Corvette 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2010 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an authorized dealer for further inspection and diagnosis. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. Updated 3/31/15

- Miami, FL, USA

Aug 022014

Corvette 8-cyl

The air bag light comes on for while driving this has happened 4 times total. After car shutdown and restart it resets. This is a major safety issue. If it shorts prior to an accident and the airbag does not deploy someone may be injured or even worse die from this ongoing problem.

- Belton, TX, USA

Jul 022014

Corvette 8-cyl

Airbag light comes on intermittently, many Corvette owners are having this safety issue, for numerous years. Mine is 2010.

- Osprey, FL, USA

Jul 242014

Corvette

While driving at varying speeds, the air bag light will flash on and off randomly. This indicates a fault with the airbag system, and as a result the airbags are deactivated and will not provide protection to occupants. The car was taken to the dealer, upon which the front impact sensor was replaced. The problem then returned several days later. It would appear based on others' experiences with this issue that it is related to a wiring harness connector that is secured to the seat frame.

- Eagle, WI, USA

Jul 012014

Corvette 8-cyl

When I accelerate hard from a stop and get to a high speed ( over 80 mph ) the airbag light comes on. When the airbag light is on all airbags are disabled. The only way to turn the light back of is to turn off the car and restart it. It will be fine until I accelerate quickly to a high speed. This car was made to drive fast and this shouldn't happen. I have taken to the dealer many times and they cannot fix it. This is a know problem with the Corvette as I have talk with other owners who have the same problem.

- Lakewood Ranch, FL, USA

Jun 282014

Corvette

Airbag light coming on while traveling down the road.

- Gonzales, LA, USA

Jun 202010

Corvette

I have a 2009 Corvette C6 with 9500 miles on it. The airbag warning comes on and stays on. Dealer turned off the warning now and said I have defective drivers side air bags. He was going to order new ones and I haven't heard back for a month now. I am driving a new car without airbags"?"

- Menasha, WI, USA