2010 Chevrolet Corvette wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chevrolet Corvette:

2010 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Jul 312010

Corvette 8-cyl

My complaint is not about a component failure, but rather an inadequate component, specifically the Goodyear F1 supercar tires that came as standard equipment on my 2010 Corvette grand sport coupe. These tires are the absolute worst to hydroplane of any tires on any vehicle I have driven in my 45+ years of driving experience. They are absolutely unsafe at any speed when there is water on the road. I have approached the dealer and Chevrolet on multiple occasions as to what I can do to remedy this situation and have been stonewalled at every step. I have talked to other owners and many of them have swapped out the standard issue goodyears for michelins at a cost of around $2000 and that seems to fix the problem. I was not able to get my dealer or Chevrolet to confirm this. Their answer is to replace them with the same tire that came with the vehicle. My car is nearly two years old and has less than 5000 miles on it, so tire wear is not the issue. The Z06 and ZR1 models come standard with michelins and I think the grand sport should as well. I know it is too late for me, but new owners should not have to replace new tires with very expensive replacements in order to be safe when driving in the rain.

- Kernersville, NC, USA