5.8

2011 Chevrolet Corvette fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Corvette:

2011 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Sep 302016

Corvette

Fuel smell when I fill the tank.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Dec 042015

Corvette

I have a very strong fuel smell in my garage after I drive my car. I replaced the gas cap and it did not go away. It is stronger when I have filled the tank (I do not overfill). I have researched this issue on the internet and found that quite a few owners of C6 corvetted have had this problem. My fear is that fuel is being sprayed from a crack in the top of the fuel pump just outside the tank and could result in a fire and injury. See the youtube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?V=P9E3md122mg.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Dec 112015

Corvette

I began noticing a strong gasoline odor coming from the car. I researched this symptom and discovered it was a common and well known problem related to defective fuel pumps for my model year car. Specifically, the fuel pumps develop cracks in the supply outlet of the pump, and then leak fuel along the top of the tank, which then flows down the side of the tank. I had to replace the pump, which the dealer now shows having a different part number than the original.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Nov 232015

Corvette

Fuel pump cracked and pumping gas outside the tanks onto the car. Fuel pump had to be replaced. Could smell gas inside the car and outside

- Miami, FL, USA

Nov 302015

Corvette

The contact owns a 2011 Chevrolet Corvette. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 45 mph, a fuel odor emitted in and outside the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuel pump was fractured and leaking fuel. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 20,860.

- Lake Havasu City, AZ, USA

Oct 072015

Corvette

Strong smell of gasoline inside and outside of my 2011 C6 Corvette grand sport with no visible fuel leaks. The garage is filled with the smell of gas anytime the car is parked with over 1/2 a tank overnight. The local Chevrolet service center quoted $1,600 to pull the fuel tank and replace the left fuel pump. The service writer stated he has seen numerous identical issues on the C6 Corvettes and even showed me photos on his phone of where the fuel pump cracks on the the top. My vehicle has 46,000 miles. I no longer feel safe parking my car in my garage next to my gas water heater.

- Orange, CA, USA