9.4

2014 Chevrolet Corvette electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chevrolet Corvette:

2014 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Sep 152016

Corvette

The vehicle dic display goes blank periodicly. The anlalog gages work at all times. When the display is blank, and while driving, the analogs will go full scale and all warning lights will illuminate for a few seconds. Then the analog gages return to normal operation. While driving for a period of about 30 minutes or more, the display becomes operative, and all steering wheel commands function. The display and gages operate normaly for days. Then after sitting in the garage when I open the left door, days later, the display does not come on. And repeats the cycle. I have informed GM and have an open case. However, they have no immediate solution and I was told that there are no replacement instrument clusters available at this time. I was also told that there are a number of owners across the country that are experiencing similar issues with their dic's. a GM rep at the action center stated that all owners with this problem are waiting for replacement parts. They could give no expectation as to when the parts will be available. GM knows there is a problem with the 2014 Corvette instrument clusters.. I am now on a list of owners waiting for the word on when the clusters will become available. My car is not even 3 yrs old and GM doesn't have the part to fix it anywhere in the GM system? mileage 813.0 I thought the vehicle needed a software update. I brought it to the local Chevy dealer and they told me they attempted to update the software 3 X and each time it failed. They stated that they did not know what the problem was and could not fix the problem. When they returned my car, all gages and displays were inoperative, including the infotainment system. I had an independant tech reprogram the system, and all returned to normal. However, the dic display is still intermittent. The display goes out only while it is sitting with power off.does not go out when driving

- The Colony, TX, USA

Apr 192014

Corvette

The contact owns a 2014 Chevrolet Corvette. While driving various speeds, the headlights and turn signals failed intermittently. There were no warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the modem and wiring needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 1,867. Updated 04/19/16

- Sarasota, FL, USA