2015 Chevrolet Corvette miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette:

2015 Chevrolet Corvette Owner Comments

Aug 032015

Shifter sticks in park intermittently. Defective solenoid on shifter that can not be replaced. Need to replace entire shifting unit to repair. Defective solenoid on new shifters fail also. $700 to $1000 to repair. Only has 10,000 miles on car.

- Cambria, CA, USA

Jul 122015

Following the owner"S manual instruction to burnish the breaks, I took my car to an area where I could go from zero to 60 mph then break, 50 times in 10 minutes. On about the 40th cycle, the engine overheated and started to ?rev limit? and a warning came on that said to change the engine oil, which I just had done. The final ten cycles took a lot longer to get to 60. The HVAC system was off during the procedure, the temp of the coolant got close to 320F, and the outside temperature said 103F. After the 50th run I drove the car at about 60 mph until the engine got to a safe temperature than I turned on the air and got the same toxic odor I experienced when I first took delivery. It made me sick to my stomach and I had to open the windows. I had gone through great lengths to get rid of that odor and thought it was at an acceptable level before the burnishing. I always left the windows open when parked in my garage, I put the car in the direct sun for several days with doors and back open, and the top off, and even left the engine running for six hours one day with the air on. I had also driven the car with the windows open for two hours with the heater at max temp. The odor was of such a concern that two doctors suggested I sell the car. Here in California 115F degrees or more is not uncommon, and often much higher on black pavement. I am concerned that I don?T know when the car might overheat again and produce more toxic fumes. I have taken the car to the dealer and the factory representative ignored the heating problem and said he could not smell anything other than the new car smell. They did change the oil free of charge and give me a ?2015 Corvette track preparation" flyer that specified different viscosity oil and a different burnishing procedure. Unfortunately there was no date or number on that flyer.

- Ojai, CA, USA

May 232015

Water leaking into rear cargo hold area. Accumulating and not draining out. Don't know why.

- Newport Beach, CA, USA