2013 Chevrolet Cruze brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chevrolet Cruze:

2013 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Sep 142013

Cruze

The contact owns a 2013 Chevrolet cruz. The contact stated that the brakes failed to engage and caused the contact to crash into the rear of another vehicle. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The brake failure was experienced twice. The dealer test drove the vehicle and was unable to duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 500 and the current mileage was 900.

- Hazlet , NJ, USA

Mar 212013

Cruze

I decided to trade in my Malibu and lease a 2013 Cruze from global Chevrolet, rt.22, North plainfield, NJ. In March of 2013. I began noticing the problem within a few weeks. In stop and go traffic, the car lunges forward as you are switching from the brake to the accelerator. While braking, the brakes seem to freeze up and the car keeps rolling, at times 20 feet before stopping. I had the car inspected by the dealership and they test drove the vehicle and said there was nothing wrong; "new technology, computers, downshifting" is how they explained it. I keep a log in my car to record each time this occurs, as it does not happen every day. However, it happens enough that I am concerned that eventually this situation will cause an accident and serious injury. It wouldn't surprise me that in the near future there will be a recall regarding this problem or I sincerely hope there will be.

- Somerset, NJ, USA

May 282013

Cruze

I purchased a 2013 chev Cruze on May 13, 2013 test drove the car and brakes went to the floor. Salesperson referred it to the mechanic. I didn't even make it off the car lot. He said he bled the brakes and all is well...still had trouble with the brakes after I was at a stop sign and my car lunges forward. I pressed on brakes harder to stop. Took car back on the 28th and told mechanic what happened and he again checked the car out and said he could not find anything wrong with the car. He said he tested another new model and said he had no problems with that car. These mechanics are ignoring any concern buyers have... putting our lives and family members in danger. The above incident has happened again on occasion and the fact that these mechanics talk down to you and make you feel "plain stupid" has prompt me to initiate this complaint in hopes something gets done.

- Parker, AZ, USA

Mar 052013

Cruze

When the vehicle is in drive and stopped either at a red light or stopping to make a turn the vehicle feels like it's moving forward (lunging forward) this occurs when the break is completely pressed down and the car is in drive. The RPM gage will flicker up and down as this is occurring. I have taking it to the dealer ship and they said they couldn't find anything wrong with my car. I feel this car is unsafe to drive because it might cause an accident one day. When it does this and im stopped at a red light I will have to put the car in neutral or park to get it to stop doing this. It doesn't happen all the time when im driving but it's occurring more commonly

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

May 012013

Cruze 4-cyl

I had the vehicle serviced for oil change and tire rotation on May 25. A few days later, approximately June 1, I noticed the vehicle was very hard to stop when backing out of my driveway (had to push down very hard on the brakes which did not seem to go to the floor). I also noticed that while I was stopped at red lights or behind other vehicles the car would lunge forward--not enough to hit someone because I noticed it as soon as it happened. About two weeks later I took the car to the dealership, jeff wyler Chevrolet eastgate, and advised them of the problem. Someone test drove the car with me in the passenger seat, and he informed me that he could find nothing wrong with the car. I do not know if he checked anything else while I was in the waiting room. At my request, he provided me with a printout documenting the visit. On July 7, 2013, while my daughter was pulling the vehicle into our garage, the brakes failed and she hit my granddaughter bicycle which, in turn, went through the drywall at the end of the garage. I have four children living at the house including an 8 and 10 year old. There is also a sign on our street indicating a deaf child lives on the street (we have only lived there since Nov. 2012). We are very fortunate that a child has not been injured. There is no way to alert the deaf child that the car is coming their way since they cannot hear the horn.

- Amelia, OH, USA

May 202013

Cruze

Best way to describe what happened was when I was sitting at the stop sign behind someone, with foot on the brake pedal, my car went forward about a foot or so, no gas acceleration from myself, I don't know if the gas was auto controlled, but I felt like I wasn't pushing on the brake enough even though I was, I did some investigating and I read online that other people have been having similar issues with their 2013 Chevy Cruze.

- White Oak, PA, USA

Mar 012013

Cruze

I have several incidents that have had occurred in a brand new 2013 Chevy Cruze with 7000 when the first incident occurred.. 1) the brake pedal travels too far before the brakes engage. 2) I was backing out of my driveway and had no brakes. I pushed the pedal to the floor and the breaks didn??T respond. The car kept rolling. I feel that this is an extremely serious safety issue. I took it to the service department 3 times for them to fix it. I had to use a loan car for 5 days, and when I brought it seemed like they wouldn't believed what I was saying. Apparently the problems was fixed, but a month and a half after 3) at various speeds, a loud squeaking noise was emitted from the vehicle when engaging the brake pedal. The technician duplicated the problem; however, he was unable to provide a remedy repair. The manufacturer was notified of the defect and hasn't solved the issue. After 6 days of having a loan car the problem was not solve. Neither the managers or Chevrolet the company have help me solving the problem. I think Chevrolet is hiding the fact there is an issue. I see a lot of other people complain about the brakes on cruzetalk.com. I am student and full time worker and travel in parkways all the time and I don??T fell safe driving the car anymore. After bringing my car back 4 times already and leaving it there for few days I asked the dealer and the company to give me my money back on the car. It seems like if they don't want to deal with the problem and don't care about customers safety. Please help me!

- South Plainfield, NJ, USA

Apr 302013

Cruze 4-cyl

Brake pedal travels too far before brakes engage. Brake pedal nearly to floor when stopping at any speed. Dealer did not resolve problem, said there were no service bulletins regarding the problem. This is a brand new car. Dealer placed bright orange sticker in doorjam which states if car is in accident to call them. I could not make this up! see many other posts regarding this problem. I would like the master brake cylinder replaced on all these complaints of soft brake pedals on new cars.

- Voorhees, NJ, USA