2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.
According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.
Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.
Worst 2011 Cruze Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems40NHTSA complaints: 17
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 73
- cooling system problems30
- AC / heater problems22
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 13
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 26
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- clutch problems2
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 38
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 5
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.