- May 13: General Motors Recalls 523,000 Vehicles To Fix Seat Belts and Seats
- May 10: Duramax Diesel Engine Lawsuit Says Engines Cause Loss of Fuel Economy
- May 4: Chevrolet Malibu Recalled to Fix Shift Selector Problems
- April 24: GM Recalls Older Cars To Fix Fire Risk From Leaking Gaskets
- April 11: Steering Wheels Stick in the Chevy Cruze, Malibu and Buick Verano
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems53
- engine problems51
- cooling system problems44
- AC / heater problems24
- interior accessories problems16
- windows / windshield problems10
- brakes problems9
- electrical problems6
- steering problems6
- fuel system problems5
- miscellaneous problems4
- exterior accessories problems3
- clutch problems3
- seat belts / air bags problems3
- suspension problems2
- exhaust system problems1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.