2011 Chevrolet Cruze
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems48NHTSA complaints: 18
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 144
- cooling system problems38
- AC / heater problems24
- interior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 18
- windows / windshield problems10NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 59
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 31
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 8
- clutch problems3
- miscellaneous problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 28
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 63
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 7
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 6
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.