- June 16: Millions More GM Cars Have Defective Ignition Switches
- June 9: GM Recalls 89,000 Trucks, SUVs and Cars
- June 3: GM Sends Recall Notices To Families of Deceased Accident Victims
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Chevrolet Cruze suffers from a throttle lag that gives many owners an unsafe feeling while driving.
According to reports, there is a significant lag between the time you press the accelerator and when the transmission actually engages. This has owners complaining about the responsiveness of their car in safety situations such as trying to cross a busy road. The 2011 model year is equipped with an electronic throttle control where there is no direct link between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body, leaving many to suggest that this is the source of the problem.
Interestingly, owners of the 2011 model year have gone on to test drive the 2012 Cruze and report it does not have the same transmission issue.
Worst 2011 Cruze AC / heater Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- smells of anti freeze in cab when heater is running9
- AC only blows hot air3
- AC temp not consistent2
- no protection underneath for ac compressor2
- A/C pressure sensor connector corroded1
- AC drain stopped up, water in car1
- burnt rubber smell1
- car overheated with AC/Heater on1
- dampers sticking causing noise in full heat mode1
- heater blowing cold air1
- temperature sensor broken1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.