- September 17: GM Says Takata Airbag Recall of 980,000 Vehicles is Unnecessary news | 9 days ago
- September 9: General Motors Recalls 4 Million Vehicles recalls | 17 days ago
- August 27: GM Recalls 383,000 Cars, SUVs and Police Pursuit Vehicles recalls | 30 days ago
- August 17: Chevrolet Malibu Hybrid Recalled Due To Stalling recalls | 40 days ago
- July 29: GM Recalls Chevrolet Cruze Over Missing Headlight Codes recalls | 59 days ago
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
AC / heater Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
Worst 2011 Cruze AC / heater Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- smells of anti freeze in cab when heater is running10
- AC only blows hot air5
- AC temp not consistent2
- burnt rubber smell2
- no protection underneath for ac compressor2
- temperature sensor broken2
- A/C blows hot air intermittently1
- A/C pressure sensor connector corroded1
- AC drain stopped up, water in car1
- car overheated with AC/Heater on1
- dampers sticking causing noise in full heat mode1
- heater blowing cold air1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.