2011 Chevrolet Cruze AC / heater problems: temperature sensor broken

Temperature Sensor Broken

2011 Chevrolet Cruze

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.

CarComplaints.com Seal Of This Might Hurt

CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…

Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.

All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).

1. replaced the sensor (1 reports)
2011 Chevrolet Cruze AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chevrolet Cruze:

2011 Chevrolet Cruze Owner Comments

Jun 012011

Cruze LTZ 1.4L V4 Ecotech

I purchased the Cruze and one hour later, on a 90 degree day, the thermostat shows it is-41 degrees Fahrenheit outside and blasts the heat. It was terrible. I had my mother in the car and worried it would overheat and cause a safety issue. I shut the car off for 20 minutes and it corrected itself. After driving for 15 minutes the issue happened again, so I returned to the dealer.

- , Uxbridge, MA, USA