- October 17: GM Tri-Fold Soft Tonneau Cover Recall Affects 7,200 Trucks recalls | 2 days ago
- October 12: GM Oil Consumption Lawsuit Settlement On Hold news | 7 days ago
- October 7: Does Automatic Emergency Braking With Pedestrian Detection Work? news | 12 days ago
- October 1: Chevy Camaro Ignition Key Recall Issued Again recalls | 18 days ago
- September 22: Chevy Volt Passenger Airbag Sensor Investigation Opened investigations | 27 days ago
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Check Engine Light On And Reduced Power14
- Hesitant Acceleration9
- Engine Lags When Foot Is Taken Off Gas Pedal6
- Engine Running Rough6
- Oil Leak From Crankcase Seal6
- Accelerator Issues With Loss Of Power5
- Abnormal Sound Coming From Engine4
- Check Engine Light On4
- Throttle Body Bad4
- Metallic Vibrations And Sounds Under Hood3
- Died While Driving1
- Engine Backfiring While Idling1
- Engine Froze Up1
- Engine Revving When Idling1
- Gm Unable To Provide Dealer Tool To Replace Piston Rings1
- Hole In Piston1
- Oil Return Tube Melted1
- Timing Chain Gasket Failure1
- Turbo Has To Be Replaced Every 10,000 Miles1
- Unable To Supply A Engine Block Heater1
- NHTSA: Engine198
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control60
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling32
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine1
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.