- September 11: Chevrolet Express and GMC Savana Recalled For 'Telltales' recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: Chevrolet Malibu Fuel Injector Issues Cause Recall recalls | 8 days ago
- September 11: GM Vacuum Pump Recall Issued For 3.4 Million Vehicles recalls | 8 days ago
- August 18: GM Hydra-Matic Transmission Lawsuit Filed in Michigan news | 32 days ago
- June 25: GM Takata Petition Says No Airbag Recall Is Necessary news | 86 days ago
Transmission Not Shifting Properly
2011 Chevrolet Cruze (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 29,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 33 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (32 reports)
- replaced valve body and channel plate (1 reports)