- December 10: GM Fuel Pump Recall Ordered To Prevent Fires recalls | 3 days ago
- December 9: Chevrolet SS Power Steering Recall Issued a 2nd Time recalls | 4 days ago
- November 21: GM Seat Belt Pretensioner Fires Cause Truck Recall recalls | 22 days ago
- November 18: Chevrolet Equinox SUVs Recalled For Brake Caliper Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- November 10: GM Oil Consumption Settlement Finalized news | 33 days ago
2011 Chevrolet Cruze
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
2011 Chevrolet Cruze Transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- Transmission Not Shifting Properly33
- Transmission Failure31
- Rolls Backwards In Drive8
- Defect In Reverse Clutch Piston Destroyed Whole Transmission4
- Banging Noise Between Gears3
- Gear Indicator Says M Instead Of D1
- Not Able To Be Towed1
- Transmission Oil Leak, Rough Shifting1
- Transmission Overheating1
- Transmission Slips1
- Transmission Whines1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission15
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chevrolet Cruze Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Cruze compares to other years?
Check out our Chevrolet Cruze overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cruze.