- December 13: GM Recalls Buick Encore, Chevy Spark, Traverse and Trax recalls | 3 days ago
- December 11: Research Shows GM's Forward Crash Warning Systems Work news | 5 days ago
- November 27: GM CP4 Lawsuit Alleges Fuel Pumps 'Explode' news | 19 days ago
- November 23: GM Hard Brake Pedals and Vacuum Pumps Investigated investigations | 23 days ago
- November 6: General Motors Windshield Wiper Recall Investigated investigations | 40 days ago
2011 Chevrolet Cruze (Page 1 of 2)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Chevrolet dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: What’s that smell – it’s a tad sweet with a tinge of chemical toxicity? If you own a 2011 Cruze it’s probably a coolant leak. It’s a widespread and notorious problem for the car and is the subject of a class-action lawsuit filed in the state of New York. And that’s not the only problem 2011 owners face…
Many say the 2011 model year suffers from a throttle lag that is probably due to a fauly electronic throttle control. The problem is signifigant enough that some owners say they are too scared to drive their cars. Those that do get behind the wheel often say their transmission isn’t shifting properly and problems start occuring as early as 15,000 miles.
All of this leads us to say you’re probably better off without this car’s headaches (they’re probably chemically-induced anyway).
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 61,850 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (17 reports)
- not sure (8 reports)
- compressor replaced (2 reports)
- replace transmission module (1 reports)
- the transmission has been replaced twice now (1 reports)