7.6

1. see t-sb -0094-11 google it (5 reports)
2008 Toyota RAV4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota RAV4:

2008 Toyota RAV4 Owner Comments

Sep 152014

RAV4

THIS IS MY THIRD TOYOTA (2 COROLLAS PRIOR TO THE RAV4). BOTH MADE 165K WITHOUT ANY MAJOR ISSUES. I CAN'T BELIEVE I HAVE 1 MORE YEAR TO PAY ON THE VEHICLE AND IT IS BURNING 1 QUART OF OIL EVERY 2 WEEKS!

- , White Haven, PA, USA

Apr 232014

RAV4 V6

Hi, ever since I bought the car I hear a little rattling. I thought it was just me. I bought the car with 50,000 miles, I had an oil change at 53,000 miles thinking that was the problem. It went away for a little while, now the rattling is back. And now I think it has problems with the suspension cause I caught a flat and replaced it with a new tire and now every time I hit even a little bump I feel like the car is gonna fall apart. I'm spending to much money in payments for this car and money don't fall off trees. I need help.

- , New Haven, CT - Connecticut, USA

Aug 082013

RAV4 Limited 3.2L

My Rav 4 began to burn oil when it only had 70,000 miles on it. I am going on my 2nd oil consumption test from Toyota. I have been loosing less than 1/2 a quart at 1,000 miles. Toyota told me that this want enough oil consumption to take action. I have had my oil light come on and did not read any oil on the dipstick at 4,000 mile oil change. My rav 4 is running rough now and feel an expensive vehicle like this should not be burning oil at 70,00 miles. Toyota is not what it use to be. I have had so many problems with my rav 4 and thank goodness I had an extended warranty. My extended warranty is going to run out soon and I'm afraid that my motor is going to go.

- , Cumberland, RI, USA

Nov 112013

RAV4 Sport 2.4L 4 cyl

I have an appointment with Toyota to do an oil consumption test. It started around 68,000 -70,000. I am currently at 81,000 consumption is down to below a quart every 1200-1500 miles. Right off the bat the service guy told me my warranty expired and this is not covered but he knows the problem and right or wrong it is not covered. Told him well there are a lot of people reporting the issue he told me I would have to take it up with Toyota management. Will update after my appointment.

- , Phoenixville, PA, USA

Feb 252012

RAV4 IRA 2

i got toyota rav4 in 02 /2012 has 80.000 mile the car losing 1 quarter oil every 1000 mile

i went to a dealer in dayton nj to ask if any recall on it after i see online oil problem on rav 4. they just add 1 quart oil and tell me if it lost the oil again come to us. when i ask about it they tell me it will need motor rebuilt and it will cost from 2000 to 3000 dollars. what kind of a car needs a motor after 4 years??

- , Eastbrunswick, NJ, USA

Mar 252013

RAV4

I have a Rave 4 2008 and it has been using oil after 70000 miles I am going to try and take it to Toyota but don't trust them.

Update from Jun 11, 2013: Toyota put a new engine in my rav4 and renewed my trust

- , Cincinnatus, NY, USA

May 012012

RAV4

I've had an oil consumption test and I've been burning about 0.8qt every 1000-1200 miles... According to Toyota, it's not significant enough to tear apart the engine in order for the warranty to cover it... And if they do tear it apart, and find nothing wrong.. I'd have to pay... TOTAL CRAP!!.. My car is at 81,000 miles and I'm still making payments... This is supposed to be a Toyota... this is not right!!!

- , Lisle, IL, USA

Nov 202010

RAV4 2.4L 4 cyl

rav uses a quart of oil every 500 miles Toyota says this is acceptable i do not think this is any were close to acceptable.. i have a 2002 Pontiac with 120000 miles on it and it uses no oil between oil changes.

- , Asheville, NC, USA

Dec 102011

RAV4 SUV 2.4L Liters In-Line

This is a problem that Toyota knows about. It affects most Toyota's with the 2AZ-FE Engine.

2007 - 2011 Camry HV, 2007-2009 Camry, 2009 Matrix, 2006-2008 RAV4, 2007-2008 Solara. The fix is the piston assembly has to be changed, ( in other words rebuild it right). If you own one of these cars, and you been adding oil more then you thought you need to then this might be the case for you. Toyota dealer will have to verify problem and even then they may not cover the repair. Like in my case. Toyota needs to correct this problem now, it is their fault for bad engine build. No matter the power train warranty.Again Goggle T-SB-0094-11. Let your voice be heard.

- , Kirkland, WA, USA