- January 13: Toyota Recalls 543,000 Vehicles to Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 7 days ago
- January 4: Toyota Rusted Frame Settlement Agreement Nears news | 16 days ago
- December 31: Toyota Prius Headlight Lawsuit Targets Low-Beam Failures news | 20 days ago
- December 24: Toyota Sequoia Yaw Rate Sensor Investigation Closed investigations | 27 days ago
- December 23: Toyota Wants Court to Toss $11 Million Koua Fong Lee Award news | 28 days ago
2013 Toyota RAV4
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 RAV4's top complaint is that the navigation screen is impossible to see in direct sunlight.
While certainly an annoyance, it's not a big deal in the world of car problems. Luckily the fix is a $10 anti-glare screen cover.
Worst 2013 RAV4 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems29NHTSA complaints: 21
- transmission problems15
- body / paint problems14NHTSA complaints: 11
- brakes problems11NHTSA complaints: 18
- AC / heater problems10
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota RAV4 Model Years
Curious how the 2013 RAV4 compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota RAV4 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the RAV4.