- September 15: Toyota Recalls Prius to Fix Spasmatic Airbags recalls | 16 days ago
- September 13: Toyota Sticky Dashboard Lawsuit Says Warranty Program is Useless news | 18 days ago
- September 4: Lexus Owner Sues Toyota For Not Fixing Takata Airbag news | 27 days ago
- August 18: Road Debris Causes 50,000 Crashes and 125 Deaths Annually news | 44 days ago
- August 14: Toyota Recalls RAV4 and Lexus HS 250h For 3rd Time recalls | 48 days ago
2013 Toyota RAV4
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 RAV4's top complaint is that the navigation screen is impossible to see in direct sunlight.
While certainly an annoyance, it's not a big deal in the world of car problems. Luckily the fix is a $10 anti-glare screen cover.
Worst 2013 RAV4 Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems28NHTSA complaints: 21
- transmission problems14
- body / paint problems13NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems10
- brakes problems10NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems5NHTSA complaints: 28
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 10
- steering problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 3
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Toyota RAV4 Model Years
Curious how the 2013 RAV4 compares to other years?
Check out our Toyota RAV4 overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the RAV4.