- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.
Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems32NHTSA complaints: 14
- windows / windshield problems27NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problems25NHTSA complaints: 29
- transmission problems22
- brakes problems12NHTSA complaints: 17
- seat belts / air bags problems11NHTSA complaints: 98
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 6
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 26
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems3
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 18
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 42
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 10
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.