- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.
Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems41NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems35NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems27NHTSA complaints: 34
- transmission problems26
- brakes problems16NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems12NHTSA complaints: 138
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 35
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems2
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 50
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 12
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.