- July 21: Nissan Recalls 515,000 Versa Cars Due to Takata Airbags recalls | 2 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 7 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 56 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 66 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 75 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems182
- interior accessories problems99NHTSA complaints: 30
- windows / windshield problems63NHTSA complaints: 6
- AC / heater problems48NHTSA complaints: 2
- steering problems37NHTSA complaints: 53
- brakes problems33NHTSA complaints: 53
- engine problems32NHTSA complaints: 99
- seat belts / air bags problems24NHTSA complaints: 331
- body / paint problems22NHTSA complaints: 53
- exterior accessories problems12NHTSA complaints: 56
- electrical problems11NHTSA complaints: 84
- wheels / hubs problems10NHTSA complaints: 8
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 22
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 15
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 16
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 172
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 52
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.