- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 19 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 30 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 36 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 39 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 84 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems118
- interior accessories problems85NHTSA complaints: 30
- windows / windshield problems63NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems37NHTSA complaints: 51
- AC / heater problems35NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems31NHTSA complaints: 45
- engine problems29NHTSA complaints: 89
- seat belts / air bags problems24NHTSA complaints: 312
- body / paint problems19NHTSA complaints: 49
- exterior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 52
- wheels / hubs problems9NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems6NHTSA complaints: 78
- fuel system problems5NHTSA complaints: 21
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 14
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 141
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.