- December 17: Nissan Agrees To Settle Delta Stroke Sensor Brake Defect Lawsuit
- December 11: Nissan Recalls Over 800,000 Cars, Minivans and SUVs
- November 28: NHTSA Closes Bosch Power Xpress 240V Investigation
- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.
Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems54NHTSA complaints: 18
- windows / windshield problems40NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems30
- steering problems28NHTSA complaints: 40
- brakes problems20NHTSA complaints: 27
- seat belts / air bags problems17NHTSA complaints: 196
- body / paint problems15NHTSA complaints: 21
- AC / heater problems13NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 46
- exterior accessories problems9NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 42
- wheels / hubs problems3
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 64
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 18
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.