- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 64 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 85 days ago
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.
Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems80
- interior accessories problems76NHTSA complaints: 23
- windows / windshield problems59NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems33NHTSA complaints: 45
- brakes problems30NHTSA complaints: 36
- engine problems27NHTSA complaints: 58
- seat belts / air bags problems22NHTSA complaints: 240
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems18NHTSA complaints: 30
- exterior accessories problems11NHTSA complaints: 33
- wheels / hubs problems7NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems4NHTSA complaints: 53
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 15
- drivetrain problems3NHTSA complaints: 84
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- cooling system problems1
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 25
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.