- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
- August 30: Nissan Recalls Frontier and NV For Seat Belt Problems
- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
2013 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima is showing multiple early problem trends, prompting us to give it our “beware of this clunker” badge.
Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount vibration related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission). Not to mention constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Worst 2013 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems48NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems36NHTSA complaints: 2
- transmission problems29
- steering problems27NHTSA complaints: 34
- brakes problems17NHTSA complaints: 23
- seat belts / air bags problems15NHTSA complaints: 138
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 10
- engine problems11NHTSA complaints: 35
- AC / heater problems7NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 14
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 24
- wheels / hubs problems3
- cooling system problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 50
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 12
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.