- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems18NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems14NHTSA complaints: 39
- engine problems12NHTSA complaints: 34
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- AC / heater problems5
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 25
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 11
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 25
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 23
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 7
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.