- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
- June 4: Nissan Recalls SUVs With Wheels That Could Fall Off
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems5NHTSA complaints: 16
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- engine problems4NHTSA complaints: 19
- AC / heater problems3
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 18
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 15
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 5
- lights problemsNHTSA: 3
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.