- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 1 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 3 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 8 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 17 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 21 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems22NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 52
- engine problems13NHTSA complaints: 40
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems7
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 30
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.