- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 25 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 35 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 46 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 48 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems22NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 52
- engine problems13NHTSA complaints: 40
- transmission problems13NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems7
- windows / windshield problems7NHTSA complaints: 4
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 30
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- exhaust system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 13
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.