- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2009-2010 Nissan Altima appears to have a defect where it occasionally refuses to start. We know the feeling, but it's just not acceptable in a car.
For the fix, Nissan dealers enjoy replacing the steering lock control unit for $800. Stranded Nissan owners have found that banging like hell on the steering lock unit at the base of the steering column will do the trick. Yes, the same unit that apparently has $800 worth of electronics.
How far do you have to drive to experience this? The average mileage at failure is just over 55,000 very short miles.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 14
- AC / heater problems2
- exterior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 15
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 12
- transmission problemsNHTSA: 11
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 3
- lights problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.