- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 20 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 31 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 37 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 85 days ago
2010 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: You don't want to get 2009 and 2010 Altima owners started about their cars. That is, unless, you know how to start their cars.
These vehicles can suddenly become impossible to start thanks to a faulty electronic steering column lock (ESCL). Nissan dealers will gladly replace it, but that will run you $1000.
It's one of the many reasons this car was named CarTalk's Turd of the Week and given our Beware of this Clunker badge. Two dubious honors.
More info & videos are available over at NissanProblems.com.
Worst 2010 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems19NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 46
- engine problems13NHTSA complaints: 38
- transmission problems9NHTSA complaints: 11
- AC / heater problems7
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 27
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 30
- exhaust system problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 9
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 3
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2010 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.