- February 8: Honda Accord Owner Carlos Solis Killed By Exploding Takata Airbag
- January 31: Over 2.1 Million Cars with Defective Airbags Recalled Again
- January 19: Honda and Takata Sued After Airbag Sends Shrapnel Into Woman's Chest
- January 9: Honda Fined $70 Million For Failing to Report Deaths and Injuries
- December 24: Honda Recalls Crosstour Over Takata Side Curtain Airbags
Premature Brake Wear
2008 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 54)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 25,731 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1080 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced brakes (561 reports)
- have 2008 Honda brake system recalled (277 reports)
- not sure (83 reports)
- replaced brakes and rotors (41 reports)
- repaired under warranty - sort of.. (25 reports)
- replacing rear OEM pads with ceramic pads (23 reports)