- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 4 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 6 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 9 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 12 days ago
- July 8: Honda Recalls Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Belts recalls | 15 days ago
Premature Brake Wear
2008 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 55)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2008 Honda Accord has several serious defects: poor brakes, excessive oil consumption, & uncomfortable seats.
BRAKES: There was a class action lawsuit against Honda in 2010 for premature & excessive brake wear. See our page on Honda's brake problems for more info.
OIL CONSUMPTION: Honda issued a TSB about this in late 2011, claiming it could be fixed through a software update to the VCM (variable cylinder management). There are class action lawsuits pending. See our page about the Accord oil consumption.
UNCOMFORTABLE SEATS: Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight. The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 26,022 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1093 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replaced brakes (566 reports)
- have 2008 Honda brake system recalled (278 reports)
- not sure (85 reports)
- replaced brakes and rotors (44 reports)
- repaired under warranty - sort of.. (25 reports)
- replacing rear OEM pads with ceramic pads (23 reports)