- September 26: Honda CR-V Gas Smell Lawsuit Filed in Illinois news | 3 days ago
- September 24: Recalled Takata Airbag Inflators Explode During Testing news | 5 days ago
- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 46 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 53 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 72 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems119NHTSA complaints: 206
- engine problems113NHTSA complaints: 188
- body / paint problems52NHTSA complaints: 58
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 379
- interior accessories problems18NHTSA complaints: 51
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems5NHTSA complaints: 77
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 58
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 30
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 39
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 22
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 14
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.