- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 1 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 18 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 46 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 51 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 54 days ago
1999 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, engine shuts off while driving, & peeling paint. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Engine stalling while driving in the 1999 Accord is typically caused by a defective ignition switch -- inexpensive to repair (under $200) but dangerous.
Peeling paint has also been an issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Worst 1999 Accord transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission slipping (automatic trans)52
- transmission failure36
- shifts roughly (automatic trans)16
- jerks when coming to a stop13
- car rolls when it is in park position1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission188
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Park/Neutral ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter3
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1999 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.