- August 22: Honda Upgrades 2015 Honda Fit Front Bumpers To Pass Crash Test
- August 3: Honda Accord Air Bags Inflate When People Close the Doors
- July 9: Acura Recalls Cars With Fiery Halogen Headlights
- June 23: Honda Recalls 2 Million Cars With Defective Air Bags
- June 11: Over 1 Million Cars Might Have Explosive Takata Air Bag Inflators
2011 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.
Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.
The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.
Worst 2011 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems79NHTSA complaints: 31
- AC / heater problems10
- brakes problems7NHTSA complaints: 9
- body / paint problems6NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- wheels / hubs problems4NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- clutch problems1
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 5
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 3
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.