CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Honda Accord has a solid reputation (so far), with one very significant flaw: uncomfortable seats.

Owners have consistently reported uncomfortable seats with the entire 8th generation (2008-2012) of Honda Accords. Complaints range from back pain to leg circulation problems due to bad lumbar support, cushioning, & seat angle. Complaints aren't limited to only a certain body type -- the seat comfort problems are from a wide spectrum of owner height & weight.

The common theme we hear is "we never noticed this during the test drive." Unfortunately for unwary buyers, the seat pain is noticeable after 15-20 minutes.

2. the seats need to be replaced!!!!! (33 reports)
  3. offer replacements for poorly designed headrests (all seats) (4 reports)
  4. traded the car in (3 reports)
  5. purchase an aftermarket backrest (1 reports)
  6. replace with a 2005 headrest (1 reports)
2011 Honda Accord accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Honda Accord:

2011 Honda Accord Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 082015

Accord SE 4

When I first bought the Accord I enjoyed the wide comfortable seats. I drive a lot for my job so I need a comfortable car. I started to notice low back pain and leg cramps. Also my tail bone started hurting. Now its all the time and I hate my car for the seat reasons alone. My wife also states her seat is causing her pain as well. What to do? Honda Accords do not hold a good resale value as I was lead to believe so selling it isn't so easy. I find myself renting cars for trips 75 miles or more from home as I can't stand the pain. Honda needs to issue a recall and replace the seats! I personally had a friend that worked for a seat supplier for Honda and they were making seats in Mexico. He stated that they were having major issues with the seats... A class action law suit is in order if Honda does not take action soon. Because of this, I will not be so inclined to purchase another Honda product in the future. This seat disaster has changed my quality of life and now I have constant pain from this!

- , Denver, CO, USA

May 052015

Accord LX-S

I have owned several Hondas/Acura and my entire family owns Hondas. These are by far the worse seats ever made and have given me back/leg pains that still linger after 2-3 weeks of not driving the vehicle.

My family owns the following Hondas/Acuras and I will be informing all my families and relatives to stay away from Honda and join the Toyota family. I have a 2014 Tundra with the most comfortable seat that molds into my body and gives me joy every time I drive it. If it wasn't such a gas guzzler, I'd sell this car at a loss and continue driving the truck.

1992 Honda Accord 1999 Acura TL 2001 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2002 Honda Accord EX 2004 Honda Civic 2007 Honda Civic 2011 Honda Accord Coupe LX-S (seat issues)

The newer models of Hondas have the most awful seats that create unnecessary pain to my leg and back. Why has Honda increased their sale price, but decreased it's quality? The seats need to be 110% because that's where the driver sits, plain & simple.

I have purchased 3 separate seat cushions and none of them have completely erased the pain caused by these seats. They would not diagnose the reasons for free, this has created medical issues due to their sh*tty seat designs. I have called Honda and the representative "Silver" asked if I had medical records to prove my claim. If they require medical records, I suggest we all go to a chiropractor and get x-rays/results/documents of our pain. I want to open a class action lawsuit against Honda for those poorly designed seat. Please contact me if you are interested, if I have enough individuals to start one I will contact my lawyer as soon as possible.

- , Rosemead, CA, USA

Dec 012011

Accord LX 2.4L

This is my worst Honda purchase ever. For the first two years I owned I was visiting a chiropractor every month, and sometimes more than once. I never connected my back pain to the car. I happen to switch to another car for several months, my back was feeling good, and then I happen to drive this car again. And boom, I was back at the chiro.

Short story, I stopped driving the car. And now my other car went out, and I have to drive it all over again.

Out of a whim I decided to search online about replacing the car seats. Lo and behold I find there is a huge community of people complaining about the car seats.

I recall how the sales person bragged about the lumbar support and all when I bought the car. Lumbar support my a$$. It's a lumbar twister. I am so mad I didn't think of complaining sooner.

At this time I cannot buy a new car, and am hoping I can have just the car seat changed.

- , Lafayette, LA, USA

Nov 022014

Accord EX 2.4L

The Honda Accord 2011 model has impairing seats, in it has inflicted constant pain in my back bone. The seats are uncomfortable. This will get your spinal cord hurting!!

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Oct 152014

Accord LX 4 cyl

The headrest really pushes your head forward to an uncomfortable position. It is barely tolerable and distracting for driving.

- , Snohomish, WA, USA

Nov 012011

Accord SE V4

This is the most uncomfortable seat I've ever sat in. The end of the seat points upwards, so no matter how you adjust it, it still pushes into the back of your knee and upper thigh, making your leg ache on longer journeys. And the back support is crap because it feels like a wooden rolling pin pushing into your lower back. It is neither comfortable or helpful. The seat should be scrapped entirely and everyone that has a Honda should be compensated. We've paid almost $30,000 for that vehicle. I think you can give us a damn replacement seat!!!!

- , Cranbury, NJ, USA

Mar 302011

drivers seat has become more and more uncomfortable,I am constantly adjusting it to no avail.I thought it was just me,but my wife has problems as well.I am on the verge of selling,but would really like to stay with Honda.

- , Temple, TX, USA

May 072013

Accord LX 4 cyl

The seats in my Accord are terrible. They cause me a lot of pain in my back and legs. Cannot take car on long trip. Honda should really be ashamed of the seats. I have owned numerous Honda cars of all types, I may never own another Honda after this issue. Really my car is useless to me.

- , Boone, NC, USA

Nov 102013

Accord EXL V6

I'm another victim of Honda's horrible front seats. The lumbar feels like a stick in my back. I can't even use it. The seat bottom digs into my leg and causes it to go numb. I've spent over 200$ at an upholstery shop trying to rebuild the cushions but it hasn't helped much .

I am so mad at Honda and so mad at myself for buying what I thought was going to be a great car. I wish I had my Acura back, it had great seats

- , seattle, WA, USA

Feb 012011

Accord SE 2.4L

Poorly designed seats. Very uncomfortable. Ok for short drives, but forget about trips.

- , Franksville, WI, USA

Aug 222011

Accord LX

I have a 2011 accord and the seats are extraordinarily uncomfortable (causing neck and back pain) Tried to trade it in today but all they wanted to give me was 13,000 and my miles on the car is just 27,000 haven't got it paid off yet.I think the right thing to do is for Honda to replace driver seat and pay us back for chiropractor's and medical fee's

- , Kingwood, TX, USA

Apr 112013

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

Having managed to survive searing firefights in Iraq, merciless dysentery, a grenade blast that tore part of my knee cap off....you get the idea....the WORST pain I have ever experienced is the persistent lower back pain I received from driving this car ONE SINGLE TIME for about an hour. The "lumbar support" in this seat seems to have driven my entire body into a vortex of hell so excruciating my command of the English language is insufficient to describe. How is this even possible? I want to insure those reading this post that my description is accurate. I am astounded that the human body can react this way merely from sitting in an awkward position. For those of us who bought this car, do not be ashamed of yourself if you, like myself, have knelt bedside and prayed that a comet bursts forth from the sky and eradicates this menace in a flash of white hot violent justice.

- , Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 042011

Accord ES 4.0L

The drivers seat causes unbearable pain. Pushes neck forward, causes terrible back pain, causes numbness in legs. I cannot get comfortable no matter what I do. I would sell that car in a second if I could afford to take the financial loss. I feel honda should replace seats or make some kind of financial compensation. I will never buy another honda and will tell everyone not to buy honda. Everyday 35 min. commute is painful and longer trips are not even an option. I am angry that honda would sell unsuspecting consumers a product that will severely affect their health and comfort.

- , Dublin, PA, USA

May 272011

Accord EX-L 4

The front seats in our 2011 Honda Accord are terrible. I called 1-800-999-1009 and the cheery girl said they haven't received other negative comments but would pass the word on to her superiors. HA! Neither my wife nor I want to drive this car because of the poor seating. It looks like we, along with hundreds of others, will take a beating in trading for something else that we can drive.

Certainly, with the number of people griping about it on the web, Honda has some responsibility in making corrections. Even if there was a $1,000 aftermarket seat, I'd take it because we can't take this discomfort.

- , Warroad, MN, USA

Aug 102012

Accord LX

The lumbar support in the driver's seat is beyond uncomfortable. Took car into the dealership and was offered no help. Was told this was standard and only the EX models have the lumbar adjustment.

- , Maineville, OH, USA

Aug 152012

Accord LX 2.4L

The front seats in the 2011 Honda Accord need to be recalled and replaced. It has caused me (and thousands of others online) to have severe back pain. The lower lumbar support sticks out way to far and causes uneven support to your lower and upper back. I have never had back issues, but after driving this car for a week, I am in serious pain. So what are my options? Go buy expensive aftermarket pillows that don't work? Trade the car back in and lose thousands and thousands of dollars? Or maybe I should just live with the pain and absorb the cost of a chiropractor? Normally I wouldn't complain, but this is a serious issue. Just look it up online. This seriously needs to be fixed ASAP or Honda could get sued. There is enough info out there and upset customers to cause Honda a huge legal nightmare.

- , Arlington, TX, USA

Feb 162012

Accord EX

bought the 2011 accord summer of 2011 didn't do much traveling till spring 2012. seats are unbearable, especially passenger seat. large hump in middle of back. too it to honda dealership where purchased & was told nothing is wrong. its the design of the seat, told me to use a pillow for a different sitting position. A PILLOW IN A 28000 CAR??? never buy a honda again!!!

- , Deatsville, AL, USA

May 062012

Accord EX-L 4 cyl

Purchased this car with 13000 miles on it. During the test drive I did noticed the drivers seat felt a little different than what I used to. My wife and I discussed this, but we liked the car so we drove it again and decided that we could get use to the seats, a big mistake. After owning it for a week and driving it 320 miles we have both decided that it would be better to take the Harley on any long trips and leave the car at home. The seats are that uncomfortable. I normally keep a car for seven or eight years. This one isn't going to make it a month if we can't find a fix. Hopefully anyone contemplating the purchase of this model vehicle will find this site before the purchase.

- , Merritt Island, FL, USA

Feb 282012

Accord LX 2.4L

Front seats are so uncomfortable I can hardly stand to drive it.

- , Tulsa, OK, USA

Apr 012011

Accord LX Sedan 2.4L

The Driver’s Seat in my 2011 Accord LX is terrible. Like so many other posters on this site, I just thought the seat was mildly hard on my test drive and after break-in the car would be fine. I have a base model Accord, so I don’t expect perfection, but I do expect not to be in pain every time I drive this car more than 15 minutes. I am 6 foot 3” and 250lbs so that may have a little to do with it, but the stabbing pain in my lower back is awful. I think the issue is poor seat quality and the angle of seat. On the LX, there is no adjustment for seat angle. I have contacted Honda Customer service to advised them that I love the car but hate the front seat. They gave me a case number and told me contact the dealer. The dealer in going to look at it to see if the seat is defective. Somehow, I think all of the seats are defective in these cars and the dealer will tell me the car is just fine. We shall see. Like others have said… when people ask me.. “How do you like your Honda?” I tell them “I hate it. This car is the most uncomfortable turd I have ever driven and it was the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life”. I had a 2006 Ridgeline and it was decently comfortable. I traded it in for fuel economy of the Accord as I drive a lot for business. The Accord is a fine car if you can get past the agony of driving it. I call it the IRON MAIDEN.

I will update with future findings. If they can do nothing, I will start with modifications. I have already tried removing the plastic lumbar, stuffing memory foam padding in front of the lumber, various seat cushions, pillows. Hell… I even loaded the inside of the seat down with pillow stuffing and still the thing is terrible. I suspect in my case, it’s an uncomfortable seat with a poor angle. After the warranty expires, I may experiment with lifting the back of seat with washers where the seat bolts in. Like the rest of yo, I am upside down about 7500+, so trading it in would be stupid, but I may do it any way. The newer Buicks really might do the trick for me. Every day I drive this torture device, I dream about trading it in on anything. But I think I am stuck with this Japanese torture instrument for a long time so any advice on seat modifications would be greatly appreciated. Honda has a real problem here. Please call Honda and get a case going… 800-999-1009 – They will never address this unless people say something. I waited almost a year but now I am ready to raise to hell. At least, other people can be aware so they don’t make the same mistake I did.

- , Star, ID, USA