- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 8 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 19 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 19 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 45 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 75 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems247NHTSA complaints: 140
- seat belts / air bags problems68NHTSA complaints: 466
- body / paint problems55NHTSA complaints: 71
- engine problems45NHTSA complaints: 118
- electrical problems17NHTSA complaints: 149
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 76
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems6NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 56
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 53
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 21
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 62
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- lights problemsNHTSA: 19
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 17
- steering problemsNHTSA: 14
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.