- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 2 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 19 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 47 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 52 days ago
- May 5: Two More Malaysian Deaths Possibly Caused by Takata Airbags news | 55 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems247NHTSA complaints: 140
- seat belts / air bags problems68NHTSA complaints: 457
- body / paint problems53NHTSA complaints: 68
- engine problems45NHTSA complaints: 118
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 147
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 76
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 30
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 56
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 22
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 53
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 60
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problemsNHTSA: 18
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 16
- steering problemsNHTSA: 14
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.