- January 19: Honda and Takata Sued After Airbag Sends Shrapnel Into Woman's Chest
- January 9: Honda Fined $70 Million For Failing to Report Deaths and Injuries
- December 24: Honda Recalls Crosstour Over Takata Side Curtain Airbags
- November 28: Honda Accord Side Curtain Airbag Lawsuit Granted Final Approval
- November 24: Did Honda Intentionally Conceal 1,729 Injuries and Deaths?
2000 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems241NHTSA complaints: 140
- seat belts / air bags problems68NHTSA complaints: 438
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 113
- body / paint problems42NHTSA complaints: 42
- electrical problems16NHTSA complaints: 138
- fuel system problems7NHTSA complaints: 30
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 75
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 54
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 19
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 17
- lights problemsNHTSA: 17
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 16
- steering problemsNHTSA: 10
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.