- March 31: Honda Recalls Civic For Tires That Can Quickly Go Flat
- March 15: Honda Recalls 887,000 Odyssey Minivans For Gas Leaks
- February 15: J.D. Power Study: Vehicle Problems on the Rise
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 4: Don't Slam the Door on the Honda Accord
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2000 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- transmission problems237NHTSA complaints: 140
- seat belts / air bags problems68NHTSA complaints: 429
- engine problems43NHTSA complaints: 111
- body / paint problems35NHTSA complaints: 32
- electrical problems15NHTSA complaints: 132
- fuel system problems6NHTSA complaints: 29
- AC / heater problems5NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 74
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 52
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 42
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 17
- lights problemsNHTSA: 17
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 16
- steering problemsNHTSA: 7
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.