- July 1: NHTSA Has Urgent Message For Honda and Acura Owners news | 1 days ago
- June 27: Exploding Takata Airbag Involved in Death of Malaysian Woman news | 5 days ago
- June 10: U.S. Virgin Islands Sues Honda and Takata news | 22 days ago
- May 13: Hawaii Sues Honda and Takata Over Explosive Airbags news | 50 days ago
- May 8: Honda To Recall 21 Million Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 55 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission slipping101
- transmission failure83
- jerks in gear27
- clunking between gears when shifting13
- loss of power9
- loud noise from transmission8
- not shifting properly3
- transmission fluid leak2
- transmission locked up1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission130
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Torque Converter4
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Cooling ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.