- April 19: Woman Punctured in the Throat by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 8 days ago
- April 8: Honda Pilots Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 19 days ago
- April 7: Honda Recalls 2003 Accord to Replace Takata Airbags recalls | 20 days ago
2005 Honda Accord
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
Worst 2005 Accord Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- transmission problems92NHTSA complaints: 47
- body / paint problems58NHTSA complaints: 35
- brakes problems31NHTSA complaints: 50
- interior accessories problems26NHTSA complaints: 23
- engine problems22NHTSA complaints: 86
- electrical problems18NHTSA complaints: 70
- AC / heater problems13NHTSA complaints: 4
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 12
- clutch problems4
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 53
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 167
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 29
- exhaust system problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 16
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 20
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 21
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 5
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.