- August 28: Honda Accord Airbag Failures Under Federal Investigation
- August 22: Honda HR-V Recalled For Missing Labels
- August 16: Honda CR-V Engine Vibration Problems Cause Lawsuit
- July 19: Honda Finance Corp Fined $25 Million For Auto Loan Discrimination
- July 16: Honda Recalls 2016 Pilot To Fix Seat Belt Problems
2005 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure. It's not a huge widesperad problem like in prior years, but definitely still something to consider.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
Worst 2005 Accord transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure60
- delay in shifting gears4
- stutters from 1st to 2nd gear4
- axle seals broke3
- intermittent disengage while driving2
- noise from transmission while shifting2
- shift solenoid failure2
- transmission fluid leaking2
- vibrating at certain speeds2
- won't shift into 3rd gear2
- hesitation in overdrive1
- will not engage1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission37
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.