- December 4: Preliminary Approval Given To Honda Civic Tire Wear Lawsuit
- November 3: Honda Recalls 344,000 Minivans For Violent Braking
- October 31: Honda Settles Class-Action Lawsuit Over Oil Burning Claims
- September 20: Honda Recalls 374,000 Vehicles With Air Bags That Deploy When They Shouldn't
2005 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Honda Accord suffers from transmission failure.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Transmission failure problems have been a huge problem for the Accord & several other Honda models all through the early 2000s model years. Honda eventually extended the transmission warranty to 93 months/109k miles for the 2000-2001 Accords as a class action lawsuit settlement, but owners of other Accord model years with transmission problems are out of luck.
Worst 2005 Accord transmission Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- transmission failure46
- stutters from 1st to 2nd gear4
- axle seals broke3
- delay in shifting gears3
- noise from transmission while shifting2
- shift solenoid failure2
- transmission fluid leaking2
- won't shift into 3rd gear2
- hesitation in overdrive1
- vibrating at certain speeds1
- will not engage1
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission37
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Control ...5
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Lever And ...2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Manual Transmission2
- NHTSA: Power Train: Automatic Transmission: Gear Position ...1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.