- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 20 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 22 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 31 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 33 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 36 days ago
2000 Honda Accord
cooling system Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2000 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, subframe rust, & problems with the airbag system (SRS). We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 90,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
The SRS warning light likes to come on due to a defective seat belt sensor -- typically the driver's side. This sensor is covered under Honda's lifetime seat belt warranty, but some dealers charge a $100+ "diagnostic fee" or tell customers the entire SRS unit ($800) is bad.
Worst 2000 Accord cooling system Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine oil in coolant1
- fan broke off & went into radiator1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System3
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Cooling System: Radiator ...2
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 2000 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.