- April 2: Family of Remington Walden Awarded $150 Million in Jeep Fire Lawsuit
- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- February 2: Jeep Cherokees Recalled After Airbags Deploy Without a Crash
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems225
- engine problems59
- interior accessories problems29
- fuel system problems19
- suspension problems16
- brakes problems15
- AC / heater problems12
- transmission problems6
- body / paint problems5
- exterior accessories problems4
- drivetrain problems4
- lights problems4
- windows / windshield problems3
- cooling system problems2
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2
- steering problems2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.