- February 28: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 467,000 SUVs To Fix Engine Stall
- February 2: Jeep Cherokees Recalled After Airbags Deploy Without a Crash
- January 16: Jeep Grand Cherokee Fires Under Federal Investigation
- December 16: Jeep Sunroof Leak Lawsuit Filed Against Chrysler
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems222
- engine problems58
- interior accessories problems28
- fuel system problems19
- brakes problems15
- suspension problems15
- AC / heater problems12
- body / paint problems5
- transmission problems5
- exterior accessories problems4
- drivetrain problems4
- lights problems4
- windows / windshield problems3
- cooling system problems2
- exhaust system problems2
- seat belts / air bags problems2
- steering problems2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.