2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems249NHTSA complaints: 484
- engine problems114NHTSA complaints: 197
- interior accessories problems89NHTSA complaints: 23
- fuel system problems38NHTSA complaints: 150
- suspension problems28NHTSA complaints: 12
- AC / heater problems24NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems21NHTSA complaints: 296
- lights problems12NHTSA complaints: 26
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems11NHTSA complaints: 23
- exterior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 19
- windows / windshield problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- drivetrain problems4NHTSA complaints: 41
- cooling system problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 27
- exhaust system problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 38
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 43
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.