- August 2: Chrysler Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Jeep Ignition Switch
- July 22: Chrysler Recalls 792,000 Jeeps For Ignition Switch Problems
- July 19: Chrysler Lawsuit Filed After Jeep Grand Cherokee Fire
- July 17: Jeep Trailer Hitch "Fix" Will Take 2 Years to Complete
- July 11: Chrysler Recalls 895,000 SUVs After Vanity Lights Catch Fire
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- electrical problems85NHTSA complaints: 79
- engine problems41NHTSA complaints: 52
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 2
- AC / heater problems7
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems5NHTSA complaints: 26
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems3
- windows / windshield problems3NHTSA complaints: 2
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 13
- exhaust system problems2
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
- steering problemsNHTSA: 3
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.