- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 24: Government Approves 'Sham' Jeep Trailer Hitch Recall
- January 14: Investigation Expanded Into Chrysler Sun Visor Fires
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The Jeep Grand Cherokee was on a pretty good run for reliability with its 3rd generation (2005-2010) when all of a sudden the black sheep of the family, the 2011, showed up and ruined everything.
By 2012 complaints dropped back down by about 80%. Needless to say, if you see a used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee on a lot just keep walking.
Worst 2011 Grand Cherokee Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- electrical problems37NHTSA complaints: 50
- engine problems33NHTSA complaints: 39
- AC / heater problems7
- interior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- exhaust system problems2
- miscellaneous problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- transmission problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- steering problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.