- March 17: Remington Walden Lawsuit Award of $40 Million Upheld news | 1 days ago
- March 12: Jeep Wrangler HVAC Problems Rampant, Says Lawsuit news | 6 days ago
- March 6: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Renegades For Stalling Risk recalls | 12 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler TPMS Valve Stem Lawsuit Continues in Delaware news | 16 days ago
- March 2: Chrysler 9-Speed ZF 9HP Transmission Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 16 days ago
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/shuts down while driving57
- engine light on24
- engine cranks but won't start6
- fails to respond to attempts to accelerate6
- engine failure5
- engine is making abnormal noise5
- leaking fluid5
- car lurches when started2
- engine revs at start up2
- engine stutters, shakes, lurches, while maintaining speed2
- heads gone2
- severe hesitation with loss of power during gear shifts2
- sudden unintended acceleration2
- engine overheats when towing1
- engine shuts down when turning1
- harmonic balancer bad1
- ticking sound1
- water got into air filter and damaged engine1
- NHTSA: Engine204
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control25
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling13
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Grand Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Grand Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Grand Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Grand Cherokee.