- September 2: Rearview Camera Recall For Jeep Wrangler, Jeep Gladiator, Ram 1500 recalls | 22 days ago
- August 7: Jeep Grand Cherokees Recalled Over Tail Lights recalls | 48 days ago
- August 2: Chrysler Camshaft and Crankshaft Sensor Recall Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
- July 27: Jeep Cherokee Water Leak Recall May Be Necessary investigations | 59 days ago
- July 25: Chrysler Infotainment System Hacking Lawsuit is Over news | 61 days ago
Engine Revs At Start Up
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Jeep dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 7,200 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)