- September 20: Jeep Wrangler 4xe Recall Needed, Alleges Class Action Lawsuit news | 2 days ago
- September 10: Jeep 9-Speed Transmission Problems Land in Court news | 12 days ago
- September 7: Chrysler Transmission Class Action Lawsuit Says CVTs Defective news | 15 days ago
- August 28: Jeep Wrangler Recall Issued After Fuel Leak Fires recalls | 25 days ago
Roller Lifter Seized
CarComplaints.com Notes: The fourth generation Grand Cherokee took the relatively trouble-free run of the 3rd-generation and flipped the script.
From 2010 to 2011, complaints about the vehicle not starting increased 10-fold. In fact, the 2011 model year is riddled with engine problems and a defective TIPM might be to blame. The TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) distributes power to all the eletrical components in the vehicle, so when it starts acting funny so do numerous other components in the car. Orders for new TIPMs were so abundant that parts became scarce, prompting a class-action lawsuit claiming Chrysler ignored this obvious defect.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 120,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- replace lifters (1 reports)