- March 1: Hyundai Recalls 205,000 Elantra Cars That Lose Power Steering
- February 19: Hyundai Blue Link Lawsuit Says System Decreases Vehicle Values
- December 26: Hyundai Sonata Recalled To Keep It From Rolling Away
- December 9: Hyundai Recalls 43,000 Cars To Repair Faulty Brake Lights
- December 7: Hyundai Wants Santa Fe Engine Problems Lawsuit Dismissed
2013 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates.
Worst 2013 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- brakes problems38
- fuel system problems28
- wheels / hubs problems23
- suspension problems17
- engine problems14
- interior accessories problems12
- steering problems12
- windows / windshield problems7
- body / paint problems4
- transmission problems4
- electrical problems3
- seat belts / air bags problems3
- AC / heater problems2
- exterior accessories problems2
- drivetrain problems2
- lights problems2
- exhaust system problems1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.