- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- January 21: 10 Out of 11 Minicars Flunk Crash Test
2013 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: We're not used to seeing any major problems with Hyundai, which makes the early signs of trouble with the 2013 Elantra very surprising, in a bad way.
Early trends show problems with the steering wandering / pulling to one side. Elantra owners have tried sensor adjustments, wheel alignments, even replacing axles, most with no luck. Hyundai has made vehicle buybacks through arbitration, but that rarely works out well financially for owners in the end.
Also there is a pattern of complaints about the 2013 Elantra brakes grinding at very low mileage. It seems there was a bad batch of OEM pads & rotors, but so far Hyundai is not doing a recall. Instead Hyundai issued a TSB & dealers have been replacing pads & rotors on a per-complaint basis.
The final straw is that for several years in a row, Elantra owners report significantly lower gas mileage than the EPA estimates.
Worst 2013 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- brakes problems27NHTSA complaints: 11
- fuel system problems24NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems11NHTSA complaints: 5
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems7NHTSA complaints: 17
- interior accessories problems6
- wheels / hubs problems6NHTSA complaints: 20
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 6
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems2
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- electrical problemsNHTSA: 8
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2013 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.