- January 11: Hyundai Genesis Recalled to Replace Dangerous Tires recalls | 33 days ago
- January 7: Hyundai Recalls 155,000 Elantra Sedans To Fix Sudden Braking recalls | 37 days ago
- December 23: Hyundai Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Heads to Court news | 52 days ago
- December 11: Hyundai Recalls Genesis Coupes to Fix Driveshafts recalls | 64 days ago
- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On recalls | 85 days ago
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems16NHTSA complaints: 27
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- lights problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.