- November 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Brake Lights That Stay On
- October 31: Hyundai Recalls Sonata To Fix Anti-Lock Brake Warning Light
- October 18: Hyundai Recalls Cars After Front Coil Springs Break
- September 25: Hyundai Recalls 570,000 Cars For Risk of Engine Fires and More
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems14NHTSA complaints: 27
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 3
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 13
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 12
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 15
- lights problems1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 18
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.