- December 5: Hyundai Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) Lawsuit Filed news | 3 days ago
- November 1: Report: Hyundai Engineer Squeals About Theta II Engine news | 37 days ago
- October 30: Hyundai and Kia Pay $41.2 Million Over Fuel Economy Ratings news | 39 days ago
- October 20: Hyundai Recalls Sonatas With Sunroofs That Take Flight recalls | 49 days ago
- October 17: Hyundai Genesis Coupes Recalled to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 52 days ago
2011 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: So far the 2011 Elantra doesn't have the same volume of transmission problems that 2010 owners are fighting with. It also doesn't have the same pattern of steering and braking complaints that are piling up with the 2013 model year.
We're not saying the 2011 is perfect -- I mean, what were they thinking advertising their MPGs -- but there are worse choices.
Worst 2011 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems21NHTSA complaints: 36
- fuel system problems13NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 2
- interior accessories problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- electrical problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 19
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 5
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 38
- drivetrain problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- lights problems2NHTSA complaints: 1
- AC / heater problems1
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- wheels / hubs problems1NHTSA complaints: 21
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2011 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.