- October 7: Hyundai Sonata Brake System Lawsuit Gets Partial Green Light
- August 11: Hyundai Santa Fe Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Over Stalling Engines
- August 10: Hyundai Genesis Brake Fluid Defect Will Cost Hyundai $17.35 Million
2012 Hyundai Elantra
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Be aware that there's a significant trend of owners complaining that the Elantra's fuel economy is significantly less than the EPA estimates.
Worst 2012 Elantra Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- fuel system problems12NHTSA complaints: 1
- engine problems10NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 17
- body / paint problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- transmission problems3
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 15
- interior accessories problems2
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 11
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 11
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 7
- suspension problemsNHTSA: 5
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 2
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 2
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Hyundai Elantra Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Elantra compares to other years?
Check out our Hyundai Elantra overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Elantra.