- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 30 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 40 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 49 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 51 days ago
- May 5: 2009 Nissan Murano Brake Issues Investigated investigations | 53 days ago
Cvt Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 44,585 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 118 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (38 reports)
- not sure (36 reports)
- nothing fixed (17 reports)
- replace transmission (16 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (5 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (4 reports)