- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 1 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 6 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 15 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 19 days ago
- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 41 days ago
Cvt Shuttering, Vibration, Hesitation, Running Roughly
2013 Nissan Altima (Page 1 of 6)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Nissan Altima has multiple problem trends including the CVT transmission, and now that this model is out of warranty, it earns our "avoid like the plague" badge.
Owners complain about vibration and transmission failure related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission), a whining noise from the power steering pump, and constant windshield problems that appear to be the result of poor design.
Be warned: the 2014 & 2015 Nissan Altima appears to share these same problems.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 42,912 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 110 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new transmission (35 reports)
- not sure (35 reports)
- nothing fixed (15 reports)
- replace transmission (15 reports)
- complete cvt replacement (5 reports)
- cvt transmission failed; need replacement (3 reports)