- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 2 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 4 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 9 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 18 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 22 days ago
2005 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems108NHTSA complaints: 375
- body / paint problems81NHTSA complaints: 328
- transmission problems43NHTSA complaints: 46
- electrical problems29NHTSA complaints: 82
- AC / heater problems24NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems17NHTSA complaints: 12
- interior accessories problems14NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems13NHTSA complaints: 54
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 27
- suspension problems8NHTSA complaints: 18
- wheels / hubs problems8NHTSA complaints: 24
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems6NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- fuel system problems3NHTSA complaints: 21
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 47
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 35
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.