- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 20 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 31 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 37 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 85 days ago
2005 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems100NHTSA complaints: 365
- body / paint problems72NHTSA complaints: 306
- transmission problems38NHTSA complaints: 46
- electrical problems29NHTSA complaints: 82
- AC / heater problems24NHTSA complaints: 1
- exterior accessories problems15NHTSA complaints: 12
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 15
- brakes problems13NHTSA complaints: 53
- steering problems10NHTSA complaints: 27
- suspension problems8NHTSA complaints: 18
- wheels / hubs problems8NHTSA complaints: 24
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- exhaust system problems6NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 7
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 20
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 47
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 47
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 44
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.