- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
2005 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems76NHTSA complaints: 104
- body / paint problems49NHTSA complaints: 13
- electrical problems24NHTSA complaints: 38
- transmission problems22NHTSA complaints: 19
- AC / heater problems19
- brakes problems13NHTSA complaints: 32
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 10
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 12
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems7NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems6NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems6NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.