- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
- March 6: Nissan Recalls 625,000 Altimas With Hoods That Could Fly Open
- February 11: Nissan Steering Problems Cause Recall of 17,000 Vehicles
- January 31: Nissan Recalls 639,000 Pathfinders, Rogues and Infiniti QX60 Vehicles
- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
2005 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems69NHTSA complaints: 104
- body / paint problems43NHTSA complaints: 13
- electrical problems24NHTSA complaints: 38
- AC / heater problems19
- transmission problems19NHTSA complaints: 19
- brakes problems12NHTSA complaints: 32
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 12
- interior accessories problems8NHTSA complaints: 10
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems7NHTSA complaints: 18
- exterior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 9
- cooling system problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- exhaust system problems5NHTSA complaints: 8
- lights problems4NHTSA complaints: 4
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 16
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 7
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 4
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.