- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers
- November 3: Nissan Recalls Vehicles With Passenger Airbags That Fail
- October 28: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima For Gas Leaks
- October 2: Nissan Versa Coil Spring Problems Cause Recall of 218,000 Cars
- September 4: Nissan Passenger Airbag Problems Lead to Investigation
2005 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005 Nissan Altima has two fairly significant problems with the floor pan rusting through & motor mounts breaking.
Altima owners report that up to a basketball-size hole develops under the floor mats where the floor pan metal rusts through. Average repair cost is over $1,000.
The broken motor mounts are less of a problem - they break at ~75,000 miles average & it's $400 to fix. Still, motor mounts should not break!
Worst 2005 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems85NHTSA complaints: 350
- body / paint problems61NHTSA complaints: 250
- transmission problems29NHTSA complaints: 46
- electrical problems28NHTSA complaints: 78
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 1
- brakes problems13NHTSA complaints: 49
- exterior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems10NHTSA complaints: 15
- steering problems9NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems8NHTSA complaints: 24
- windows / windshield problems8NHTSA complaints: 8
- cooling system problems7NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems7NHTSA complaints: 18
- exhaust system problems5NHTSA complaints: 19
- lights problems5NHTSA complaints: 7
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 19
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 44
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 39
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2005 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.