- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
- July 15: Nissan Recalls 270,000 Cars That Can Suddenly Shut Down
2006 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems45NHTSA complaints: 282
- body / paint problems15NHTSA complaints: 131
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 43
- transmission problems7NHTSA complaints: 25
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 27
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- AC / heater problems3
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 10
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 27
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.