- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 16 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 64 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 85 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems48NHTSA complaints: 282
- body / paint problems25NHTSA complaints: 131
- transmission problems16NHTSA complaints: 25
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 43
- interior accessories problems7NHTSA complaints: 10
- brakes problems6NHTSA complaints: 27
- AC / heater problems4
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 8
- exhaust system problems3NHTSA complaints: 10
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 14
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 7
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 35
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 28
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 27
- lights problemsNHTSA: 5
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 3
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.