- April 16: Nissan Sentra Airbag Explodes, Nissan Expands Airbag Recall
- April 14: Nissan Timing Chain Lawsuit Filed in New York
- April 9: Nissan Rogue Recalled To Fix Fuel Pump Failures
- April 8: Nissan Versa Investigation: Driver Gets Foot Stuck on Gas Pedal
- March 22: Government Investigates Recall of 1 Million Nissan Vehicles
2006 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems42NHTSA complaints: 101
- body / paint problems10NHTSA complaints: 3
- electrical problems9NHTSA complaints: 10
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 11
- interior accessories problems5NHTSA complaints: 3
- brakes problems4NHTSA complaints: 11
- steering problems3NHTSA complaints: 3
- AC / heater problems2
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- windows / windshield problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- clutch problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- exhaust system problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- miscellaneous problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 8
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 4
- cooling system problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.