- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 21 days ago
- July 25: Nissan 'ProPILOT' To Make Debut in Serena Minivan news | 32 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 38 days ago
- July 16: Nissan Recalls 2016 Sentra Over Stalling Problems recalls | 41 days ago
- June 1: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder SUVs to Fix Brake Light Switches recalls | 86 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption14
- cam and crank shaft sensor failure12
- head gaskets blown10
- cuts off while driving4
- motor mount failed4
- check engine lights come on and off3
- noise from engine2
- service engine light on2
- bolts holding the engine were lose1
- engine failure due to catalytic converter malfunction1
- idling high1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling135
- NHTSA: Engine107
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control28
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.