- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 3 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 6 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 13 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 24 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 45 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption14
- cam and crank shaft sensor failure11
- head gaskets blown9
- cuts off while driving4
- motor mount failed4
- check engine lights come on and off3
- service engine light on2
- bolts holding the engine were lose1
- engine failure due to catalytic converter malfunction1
- idling high1
- noise from engine1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling135
- NHTSA: Engine99
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control26
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.