- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 10 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 11 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 20 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 32 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 37 days ago
2006 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
Worst 2006 Altima engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive oil consumption15
- cam and crank shaft sensor failure13
- head gaskets blown10
- cuts off while driving4
- motor mount failed4
- check engine lights come on and off3
- noise from engine3
- service engine light on2
- bolts holding the engine were lose1
- didn't start1
- engine failure due to catalytic converter malfunction1
- idling high1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling135
- NHTSA: Engine113
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine38
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control29
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2006 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.