- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 22 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 46 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 55 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 81 days ago
Cam And Crank Shaft Sensor Failure
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 99,570 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 13 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- dealership repaired (5 reports)
- repair sensors (1 reports)