- January 29: Nissan Recalls 930,000 Altima Cars To Replace Hood Latches recalls | 13 days ago
- December 12: Nissan Recalls Rogue To Fix Roll Away Risk recalls | 61 days ago
- November 21: Nissan Recalls Altima and Maxima To Fix Brake Calipers recalls | 82 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems391NHTSA complaints: 488
- exhaust system problems134NHTSA complaints: 216
- AC / heater problems37NHTSA complaints: 2
- body / paint problems23NHTSA complaints: 112
- transmission problems6NHTSA complaints: 16
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 16
- exterior accessories problems3NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 38
- interior accessories problems2NHTSA complaints: 12
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 37
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 69
- fuel system problems2NHTSA complaints: 47
- seat belts / air bags problems2NHTSA complaints: 38
- cooling system problems1NHTSA complaints: 32
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 17
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 16
- steering problemsNHTSA: 15
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 14
- clutch problemsNHTSA: 8
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.