- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 9 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 10 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 19 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 31 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 36 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima steering Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Steering9
- NHTSA: Steering: Hydraulic Power Assist System2
- NHTSA: Steering: Column1
- NHTSA: Steering: Column Locking: Anti-Theft Device1
- NHTSA: Steering: Electric Power Assist System1
- NHTSA: Steering: Rack And Pinion1
- NHTSA: Steering: Wheel And Handle Bar1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.