- October 25: Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX60 Transmission Lawsuit Almost Settled news | 3 days ago
- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 7 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 25 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 49 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 58 days ago
2002 Nissan Altima
seat belts / air bags Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.
Worst 2002 Altima seat belts / air bags Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- rear seat belts do not release1
- srs light comes on1
- NHTSA: Air Bags19
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal7
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Driver Side Inflator Module4
- NHTSA: Seat Belts3
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Frontal: Sensor/Control Module2
- NHTSA: Air Bags: Side/Window2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Rear2
- NHTSA: Seat Belts: Front: Buckle Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Nissan Altima Model Years
Curious how the 2002 Altima compares to other years?
Check out our Nissan Altima overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Altima.