- April 30: Nissan Recalls 3.8 Million Vehicles to Fix Airbag Problems recalls | 2 days ago
- April 27: Mitsubishi Spent 25 Years Cheating Fuel Economy Standards news | 5 days ago
- April 20: Mitsubishi Admits Cheating on Fuel Economy Estimates news | 12 days ago
- April 9: Nissan Recalls Frontier Trucks Over Risk of Fire recalls | 23 days ago
- March 19: Nissan Rogue Fuel Pump Recall Expanded recalls | 44 days ago
Engine Failure Due To Catalytic Converter Malfunction
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 Nissan Altima has a trend of engine problems, both in our data & definitely in the NHTSA's complaint data as well.
Excessive oil consumption is the main problem reported by owners. Nissan did a recall back in 2006 for oil consumption due to bad piston rings, but many owners report to us that the recall didn't fix the problem.
The dealer only had to check the oil consumption rate. Typically 1 qt per 1,000 miles is "acceptable" per OEM standards ... that's a lot of oil!
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 82,500 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 1 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- no solution other than to get a new car (1 reports)